Each course may have from 5 to 8 participants. It will give you an experience in the unique atmosphere of an Eldhus, and you will get to sample beers from the local variants of kveik strains with their different flavours. We'll cook a traditional stew, and serve some cured lamb - the local favourite snack for kveik beer.
You will learn about the history and traditions of the brewing culture of Western Norway, and when the work in the Eldhus is done we may sample some more brews.
We welcome you to stay at our guest house, or you may prefer a local hotel. If you stay with us you get the chance to enjoy the friendly atmosphere after a brew day, and you don't have to think about transportation.
You may also stay in our Glamping tipi near the farm. Just a quick walk across the fields and over a small stream, you'll find one of the most magical sites for glamping in the Vestlandet
Kveik brewing in the eldhus. Capacity: max. 8. Fridays to sunday or mondays to wednesday.
Arrival day 1:
• Check in at 15.00 or later
• Finding your room in the Old House; "Gamlahuset".
• Serving of local dishes. Stew or soup + bread, serve yourself when you have unpacked.
• Briefing for the following brew day. Hanging out, getting acquainted.
• Learning local brewing traditions and history, and sampling some brew.
• Brewing starts at 08.00.
• Brewing a full farmhouse ale. Making the "einerlåg" juniper infusion, mashing-in and -out , learning about the process, running the mash, cooking the wort, adding hops, making a "yeast starter", cooling, adding kveik (Kveik-Shout!).
• Summary/briefing, what was in todays lesson?
• Dinner and telling stories, and naturally; tasting brew samples.
Departure day 3:
• Summary/ debriefing.
Usually, when the wort has been boiled and cooled to 40 C we add the kveik. Remember to Kveik and shout!